We are seeking a Desktop Systems Specialist for a Part-time, Temp position (working 3 days per week for 6 months) to support a growing global team in San Jose, CA. If interested please email me your updated resume and let me know a good time to reach you
- Responsible for the end-user help desk support, software and hardware rollout and troubleshooting, including supporting Windows AD, CISCO VOIP, Print and Anti-virus services and general desktop productivity software in a geographically dispersed, multi-national environment
- Supporting engineering and corporate users for debugging and solving computer-related problems at the desktop level.
- Strong debugging skills for user-level support including laptops, desktops, lab equipment, networking equipment, printers and projectors
- Strong customer focus to support users with PC troubleshooting and setup to include: email configuration, software installation and problem solving, virus / worm identification and threat removal
- Windows desktop environment support and configuration experience
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Servers, SharePoint, and PC hardware configuration
- MS Office Professional experience
- Helpdesk ticketing systems experience
- Experience administering a Microsoft-based IT environment, including: Windows (XP and Win7, Win10), Active Directory Exchange, VMWare, office365 and SharePoint
- Knowledge of Antivirus and MS Exchange
- Knowledge of VPN technologies, preferably using Cisco equipment
- Knowledge of Lync/Skype for Business and SharePoint at the user level (install, configure, train users one-on-one)
- Experience authoring technical documentation and diagrams to support the IT environment
- Ability to solve complex problems, and analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Ability to communicate and work effectively
- Excellent decision-making skills and able to work independently
- A definite plus is familiarity with Linux, specifically RedHat and CentOS
- Prefer experience with virtualization environments, specifically those used for lab/development purposes including VMWare and Hyper-V
- Some knowledge of MAC OSX preferred
- High school diploma plus 5 years of industry related experience
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company Planning Analyst will work closely with internal business partners – Inventory Planning, Merchandising, A/P, IT & Supply Chain, and Transportation to identify and implement strategies to optimize inventory. This solutions-oriented individual will contribute creative and innovative ideas towards the goal of optimizing and streamlining business processes.
- Lead the processes coordinating multiple functional areas to hit key milestones.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly exception reporting on Inventory and Audit Compliance along with follow up with Planning teams to ensure we are providing a positive customer experience.
- Build tools that support the Inventory Planning team through rollup and forecast accuracy.
- Quickly, efficiently, and accurately run ad hoc analysis to support leadership decision making with the ability to summarize large groups of data with recommendations.
- Identify, prioritize, and initiate process improvements to increase effectiveness of inventory planning.
- Maintain Company Planning reporting and pull data from IT databases to answer leadership’s questions.
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytical / retail planning role
- Strong technical Excel Skills – VBA and Macros.
- Drives to deadlines, anticipates change management issues, and delivers on great outcomes.
- Ability to enhance existing processes. Able to jump in, learn quickly and improve team’s performance.
- Flexibility – open to change working in a fast paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills for delivering presentations that influence business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Retail experience a plus
- Collaboration & Effective Communication– Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through change management to achieve resolution. Builds credibility by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
- Strategic and Analytical Capability – Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights and strategic plans.
- Analyzes user requirements and implements systems to meet business needs; provides technical support, training, and direction to departmental staff;
- Evaluates and/or participates in the evaluation of technology products and solutions; consults with clients, users, vendors, and other providers of systems on the design and feasibility of proposed systems and modifications; estimates cost and timing of systems modifications and new systems development; presents recommendations to management or higher-level technical staff
- Tests and prepares documentation, procedures, reports, specifications, and program descriptions for commercial software applications; prepares operating instructions, training materials, and user manuals
- May function as a technical lead or resource to the department on specific applications, data, or web related projects; may train, mentor, and review work of less experienced technical staff in assigned specialty area
- Knowledge of: IT systems components and architecture; customer support techniques; basic network principles; commonly used software applications; system performance monitoring and troubleshooting; technical documentation methods and procedures; IT systems security methods and techniques; oral and written communication techniques; network equipment, tools and peripherals; operating systems installation and configuration procedures; installation, configuration, and maintenance of desktop components; operating environments; commonly used query languages; data management concepts and methods; server maintenance techniques; file formats used in the delivery of Web content; browser technical requirements.
- Educational background in IT/CS plus 2 years of experience.
Please send resume to email@example.com
- Provides effective solutions to the most difficult operations engineering problems
- Long term thinking with respect to major design and technology choices
- Operate with complex reporting relationships to reconcile competing priorities and achieve business unit objectives
- Communicates at an expert level via documentation and verbally with both peers and partners
- Collaborates with architects across functions to help set architectural direction for delivering highly reliable, scalable, and operable solutions
- Partners with development teams, DBAs and QA in a DevOps model of agile development process
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial perspective in the ideation and implementation of products and services to accelerate growth
- Transforms business ideas into implementable technology solutions, considering build, buy and partnering alternatives
- Make decisions which may have a broad impact and influence the organizational direction
- Rapidly adapt to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions
- Drives continuous improvement through change management procedures – designing, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies
- Periodic rotational 24 hours on call support
- Experience designing highly available solutions at scale with security and performance
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools
- Must have expert level experience with Chef
- Experience with public cloud services and deployment (Preferred: AWS, GCP, or Azure experience)
- Strong development experience in programming/scripting languages (Preferred: Go, Python, and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and experience with source code management tools
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Strong hands-on experience in building and maintaining infrastructure for micro services
- Experience with Continuous Integration, continuous delivery/deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar
- Strong knowledge of UNIX
- Experience integrating Open Source tools and software
- Experience with TCP/IP, routing, VLANS, AWS Direct Connect, VPN and other networking concepts
- Experience with VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, or Rocket is a definite plus
- Experience with monitoring tools like NewRelic, Zabbix, Nagios or similar
- Excellent DNS, LDAP, syslog and network service experience
- Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in highly complex systems and drive performance optimizations
- Working knowledge of enterprise storage technologies and protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Software Defined Storage, Object Storage
- OBSESSIVE desire to automate and improve everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Product/Program Manager. Reporting to the manager of enterprise AV services, this position supports the long term project goal for building video conference enabled spaces and the associated training, communication, and collaboration infrastructure. This position will track and manage multiple short term projects to meet the goals of a long-term, school-wide capability expansion initiative, engaging in project management for room installations as well as development of a teaching and learning community focused on enablement and literacy for collaborative technologies. Position will perform detailed consultation and intake with faculty and staff users to determine audiovisual and collaborative needs, working with partners to build spaces and maintain a strong, in-person and online learner and technical community.
- Execute product/ program plan definition, and detailed rollout schedule, including collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and execute a marketing plan, assessing, and revising as necessary to meet goals.
- Implement conversion strategy to meet product/program goals.
- Deliver an experience that leads to high customer satisfaction and advocacy for the program.
- Conduct analysis and make recommendations regarding the direction of the program or product.
- Actively participates in efforts to improve processes, programs and business across the department.
- Coordinate with vendors and consultants on specific programs.
- Experience developing and delivering training programs, both in person and remotely via web or other touch points
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including group training, 1:1 orientation, and IT/AV, as well as general technology, networking, and other IT based initiatives.
- Skilled in working with multiple organizational stakeholders, including networking, facilities, electricians, IT/AV contractors, and academic department faculty and staff
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Experience with managing products/programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of various marketing elements (e.g. pricing, audience, channels, communication).
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the target audience lifecycle and ability to convert leads into new business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Pay-$55 + DOE
Please submit resume to email@example.com
- Introduce best practices such as CI/CD to a new web service stack
- Reimplement the existing backend (service, infrastructure) in sustainable and well supported frameworks. This will include re-implementing the existing web service API in an established open source framework, writing tests for the API, and deploying it to a test & production instance via CD.
- Introduce ETL workflows to harvest data from disparate sources, and prepare them for on demand consumption via API
- Work with customers of the old API to insure seamless transition to the new API
- Python / Flask (wsgi/ web2py) (2-3 years’ experience)
- Webservice development (4+ years’ experience)
- Postgres / MySQL (3+ years’ experience)
- DCOS / mesosphere & Marathon (1-2 years’ experience)
- Git (1-2 years’ experience)
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Modern understanding of CI/CD of a web service. Preferably experience with gitlab.
- Self-driven and ability to work independently
- Collaborate with the existing, internal development team
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Launch, manage and execute content franchises to drive our business goals.
- Write 2-3 blog posts a week.
- Develop a consistent and on-brand voice for our social and other channels.
- Work with designers and our creative team to create a consistent, on-brand look and feel for our content.
- Work on longer-form content projects, written and video.
- Work in CMS & social tools to produce and publish.
- Build slideshows, embed videos.
- QA work before pushing live.
- Writing and scheduling social posts for our social channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram).
- Some photo editing.
- Professional writing & editing experience.
- Experience managing content marketing projects strategically to hit specific campaign goals.
- Experience writing professionally for social.
- Basic Photoshop.
- High degree of comfort with content management tools and social tools.
Pay-Up to $60/hr.
Send resume to email@example.com