Technical Writer Contract at Gaming Giant in Redwood City, Ca!
We are looking for a technical writer to drive documentation quality for the Data Platform. This person will possess strong writing skills and have experience documenting software including APIs and SDKs. In addition to writing new content, this person will help organize large amounts of information in a way that facilitates end users finding the information they need. The writer must be able to understand and explain complex technical concepts to various internal technical groups.
- Create professional user documentation for a technical audience by collaborating with subject matter experts (product managers, software developers, etc)
- Collect content submitted by product managers and engineers within the organization and curate to present a consistent style, tone and voice Evaluate the quality of existing technical documentation and work with internal teams to drive improvements
- Review and edit existing technical documents to comply with documentation standards and best practices Proven and demonstrable writing experience with specifications, source code, and other resources
- Make improvements in documentation management such as consolidation or applying best practices for consistency and ease of use Create visual diagrams to explain processes, system architecture, etc.
- Ability to evaluate and organize technical information quickly and explain concepts and instructions clearly and concisely. Identify key issues and formulate conclusions.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills Must be flexible, proactive and enjoy working with new technology in a fast paced environment
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity of Cloud computing technology
- Experience with wiki-based documentation systems, and specifically Confluence Software development experience, especially web or mobile development Product marketing copy writing experience
BS/BA in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, or equivalent experience with 3-5 years of experience writing software documentation for a technical audience
Please email resume to email@example.com