We are seeking a Desktop Systems Specialist for a Part-time, Temp position (working 3 days per week for 6 months) to support a growing global team in San Jose, CA. If interested please email me your updated resume and let me know a good time to reach you
- Responsible for the end-user help desk support, software and hardware rollout and troubleshooting, including supporting Windows AD, CISCO VOIP, Print and Anti-virus services and general desktop productivity software in a geographically dispersed, multi-national environment
- Supporting engineering and corporate users for debugging and solving computer-related problems at the desktop level.
- Strong debugging skills for user-level support including laptops, desktops, lab equipment, networking equipment, printers and projectors
- Strong customer focus to support users with PC troubleshooting and setup to include: email configuration, software installation and problem solving, virus / worm identification and threat removal
- Windows desktop environment support and configuration experience
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Servers, SharePoint, and PC hardware configuration
- MS Office Professional experience
- Helpdesk ticketing systems experience
- Experience administering a Microsoft-based IT environment, including: Windows (XP and Win7, Win10), Active Directory Exchange, VMWare, office365 and SharePoint
- Knowledge of Antivirus and MS Exchange
- Knowledge of VPN technologies, preferably using Cisco equipment
- Knowledge of Lync/Skype for Business and SharePoint at the user level (install, configure, train users one-on-one)
- Experience authoring technical documentation and diagrams to support the IT environment
- Ability to solve complex problems, and analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Ability to communicate and work effectively
- Excellent decision-making skills and able to work independently
- A definite plus is familiarity with Linux, specifically RedHat and CentOS
- Prefer experience with virtualization environments, specifically those used for lab/development purposes including VMWare and Hyper-V
- Some knowledge of MAC OSX preferred
- High school diploma plus 5 years of industry related experience
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company Planning Analyst will work closely with internal business partners – Inventory Planning, Merchandising, A/P, IT & Supply Chain, and Transportation to identify and implement strategies to optimize inventory. This solutions-oriented individual will contribute creative and innovative ideas towards the goal of optimizing and streamlining business processes.
- Lead the processes coordinating multiple functional areas to hit key milestones.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly exception reporting on Inventory and Audit Compliance along with follow up with Planning teams to ensure we are providing a positive customer experience.
- Build tools that support the Inventory Planning team through rollup and forecast accuracy.
- Quickly, efficiently, and accurately run ad hoc analysis to support leadership decision making with the ability to summarize large groups of data with recommendations.
- Identify, prioritize, and initiate process improvements to increase effectiveness of inventory planning.
- Maintain Company Planning reporting and pull data from IT databases to answer leadership’s questions.
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytical / retail planning role
- Strong technical Excel Skills – VBA and Macros.
- Drives to deadlines, anticipates change management issues, and delivers on great outcomes.
- Ability to enhance existing processes. Able to jump in, learn quickly and improve team’s performance.
- Flexibility – open to change working in a fast paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills for delivering presentations that influence business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Retail experience a plus
- Collaboration & Effective Communication– Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through change management to achieve resolution. Builds credibility by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
- Strategic and Analytical Capability – Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights and strategic plans.
- Analyzes user requirements and implements systems to meet business needs; provides technical support, training, and direction to departmental staff;
- Evaluates and/or participates in the evaluation of technology products and solutions; consults with clients, users, vendors, and other providers of systems on the design and feasibility of proposed systems and modifications; estimates cost and timing of systems modifications and new systems development; presents recommendations to management or higher-level technical staff
- Tests and prepares documentation, procedures, reports, specifications, and program descriptions for commercial software applications; prepares operating instructions, training materials, and user manuals
- May function as a technical lead or resource to the department on specific applications, data, or web related projects; may train, mentor, and review work of less experienced technical staff in assigned specialty area
- Knowledge of: IT systems components and architecture; customer support techniques; basic network principles; commonly used software applications; system performance monitoring and troubleshooting; technical documentation methods and procedures; IT systems security methods and techniques; oral and written communication techniques; network equipment, tools and peripherals; operating systems installation and configuration procedures; installation, configuration, and maintenance of desktop components; operating environments; commonly used query languages; data management concepts and methods; server maintenance techniques; file formats used in the delivery of Web content; browser technical requirements.
- Educational background in IT/CS plus 2 years of experience.
Please send resume to email@example.com