Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Work with development and quality assurance teams to develop test plans, understand risk, and establish quality goals from a QA perspective.
- Gather requirements to implement continuous test improvement.
- Identify, design, and implement technical solutions that increase test efficacy, effectiveness, and coverage while reducing overall cost of test execution.
- Analyze design and source code to determine needed test hooks and API testing.
- Understand test hooks and API testing necessities through code and design analysis.
- Design, implement, modify and utilize test harnesses, automated solutions and tests.
- Create and deliver metrics on quality and risk analysis to stakeholders.
- Analyze test data and results to identify patterns and influence software quality.
- Coach and mentor SDETs and provide code reviews.
- Lead test automation team members.
- Develop training materials for project team and lead workshops for technical test design, requirements gathering, and risk identification.
- Work with third party vendors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in software testing
- 4+ years strong practical, commercial experience writing automated tests using Junit
- 4+ years strong Java, C++ or C# experience
- Experience with standard Java/OO design patterns.
- Practical experience testing/exercising REST APIs – JSON preferred
- Practical experience writing multi-threaded tests
- Expert in architecture of and writing test scripts in Python, Lua, or Selenium
- Proven ability to create data analysis tools and interpret large data sets
- Experience creating automation frameworks and / or test harnesses
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools
- Expert working in JIRA and test case management software
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions
- Experience testing on multiple platforms, Windows, Mac, console, and mobile
Please send resume to email@example.com
Role of a Back-End Software Engineer at our Game Studio
- Develop distributed, resilient and high-performing back-end services using Scala
- Leverage modern open-source stacks including Scala and Finagle
- Deploy services on AWS using Apache Mesos and monitor them together with our SRE team
- Work closely with front-end developers as part of a feature team
- Be responsible for performance testing at the server level and load testing at the service level (using tools such as Locust)
- Be proactive about service errors, interruptions and performance issues
- 2+years of experience
- Excellent skills in developing distributed back-end services
- Understand full service stack, from UI in the front-end to databases in the back-end
- Passion to investigate and adopt new technologies and practices
- Great communication skills that supports a collaborative working environment
- Experience with JVM and Scala
- Experience with Apache Mesos and/or Cassandra
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Comfortable working with Unix type systems
- Experience in the games industry
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must be able to travel internationally for about 1-2 weeks
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org