Graphic Designer-Contract- San Jose, Ca
Graphic Designer is responsible for translating napkin sketches and creative ideas into design assets ready for use online, in electronic materials, in print and on swag. This designer will play a key role in developing and refining design assets for global campaigns (email layouts, landing pages, social media cards, posters, infographics, etc.). She or he will also create events’ materials (signage, banners, flyers, give always, etc.) to support various tradeshows. The designer will also create key PowerPoint presentations, refine existing presentations, and develop a standardized, company-wide template.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES / STANDARDS:
- Working in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, as well as other Adobe CC tools
- Designing in accordance to brand standards and with a high degree of attention to detail for symmetry, color values
- Excellent organization skills for materials in development
- Illustrating multiple variations of concepts for review
- Preparing finished assets within a given timeframe to arrive on or before deadline.
- Collaborating across departments in the development of ideas
- Actively participating in creative meetings for the selection of products and artwork
- Coordinating with outside agencies for efficient production, as necessary
- Delivering on projects in a fast-paced, sometimes even break-neck pace, all while keeping your cool
- Ability to create a wide range of graphics also for online; blog design; web banners, etc.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements as necessary
- Two years of full time graphic design experience would be aligned with the expectations and compensation of this role.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills and a portfolio demonstrating a variety of design styles
- Proficiency in Adobe CC
- Familiarity with HTML is a plus
- Prior experience within the legal industry, or with Finance, Medicine, or a professional and highly discriminating audience
- Knowledge of typography, color
- Note: this is an on-site position
BEHAVIORAL / INTERPERSONAL:
- Ability to balance demands in order to meet deadlines
- Willingness to admit what you don’t know and learn what’s needed
- Continuous learning to keep skills and industry knowledge current
- Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Bachelor’s (Required), preferably in Graphic Design or a related field
Please send resume and portfolio to email@example.com