DevOps Engineer- 1 yr. Contract- Austin, TX- Gaming Industry- No C2C
We are a multi-discipline team of engineers supporting our live services and the developers who create them. As DevOps engineers our role covers the entire life-cycle of a product, from helping the developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and triage. We focus heavily on automation and continuous integration/delivery, ensuring that everything we deliver is robust, efficient, and supportable.
- Being the escalation path for on-call incident response and triage
- Performing root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention
- Creating configuration management and infrastructure automation
- Designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines for all that we build
- Designing and delivering core infrastructure services
- Preemptively creating stability, security, and performance improvements via metric/monitoring analysis
- Making sure every service has a complete high-availability and disaster recovery story
- Maintaining security standards across everything we support.
- Producing documentation, runbooks, and support tooling for online support teams
What we are looking for:
- A self-starter with a considerable breadth of technical knowledge and the ability to dig deep when necessary.
- Someone who communicates well with people across dozens of teams and practices.
- An engineer with a passion for excellence, a devotion to automation, and an eye for efficiency.
- A consummate problem solver.
- Systems Administration: a strong understanding of *nix is mandatory. Familiarity with both RHEL and Debian family distros is preferred. Strong skill with ad-hoc scripting a plus. Understanding of core services like DNS, DHCP, LDAP, logging, etc.
- Networking: a strong understanding of networking basics is mandatory. Switching/routing, VPNs, load balancing, proxying, network virtualization, firewall basics (especially iptables) and general netsec best practices.
- Programming Languages: experience with Ruby and Python is preferred. Ability to dive into the code during triage or while trying to understand behavior is a must. Familiarity with C/C++, Go, Java, and Scala is desirable.
- Automation: experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools is a must. Chef (preferred), Puppet, Terraform (preferred), Packer, CloudFormation, etc.
- Distributed Systems: a strong understanding of distributed systems is a must. An understanding of the CAP theorem, techniques for high availability, service discovery, secret management, etc.
- Virtualization, Containerization, Cloud Computing: AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure, VMWare ecosystem, Kubernetes (preferred), Docker, Vagrant, etc.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org