A/V Support Specialist-Contract- Mountain View, Ca
We have an opening in our IT department for a Temporary Audio/Visual (A/V) Support Specialist (approximately 6 months) who will be responsible for all aspects of A/V equipment including set-up, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and end-user support. The key to this position is the ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with attorneys, management and staff, and to maintain ownership of the work from start to finish.
- Preventative maintenance of A/V equipment, including but not limited to: software updates to video conferencing units and changing bulbs and cleaning filters on LCD projectors.
- Oversee the setup of video conferences, computers for presentations and collaborative online presentations.
- Diagnose and repair video conferencing and computer equipment.
- Setup, video record and edit events as assigned by management.
- Work in conjunction with other IT and Service Desk staff.
- Coordinate conference setups in conjunction with the Facilities department and the Professional Development department as required.
- Provide computer, network and software support to the end-user community (via telephone, email, remote access, in-person).
- Install application software based on corporate standards and end-user requirements.
- Record activities in the firm ticketing system.
- Other projects and tasks as requested by the IT Service Manager or other firm leaders.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and follow-through skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with internal and external clients and provide information with courtesy and tact.
- Ability to work with a variety of video conferencing equipment, computer desktop and notebook hardware.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to use conference room scheduling software and Service Desk ticket tracking and management software.
- Basic knowledge of desktop applications from the MS Office family, Windows 10 operating system and video editing.
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and secure manner.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (early mornings, evening and weekends) as necessary to meet client and firm needs.
- Reporting to the IT Service Manager, the ideal candidate will have a minimum 3 years of experience in an A/V l and/or computer service role dealing directly with end-users, and 2+ years of experience in using computer hardware and software focused on the Microsoft technologies.
- This individual will also have knowledge of Tandberg video conferencing equipment and video conferencing bridging as well as experience supporting end-users in a professional office environment utilizing current LAN technology and networked printing.
Pay- up to $35/hr.
Duration: 6 months+
Please email resume to email@example.com