System Administrator-DH-Fairfield, Ca
Ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer network and all connected PCs and peripherals, including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links, virtualization implementation and deployment. Analyzes and resolves end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provides end user training where required. This role will be in a fast-paced environment and the candidate is expected to become self-sufficient within 3 months.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conducts Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, out-sourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, internal services for source control, and issue tracking as well as maintain and verify backup servers/systems.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems. Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs. Provide firsthand support, IT training, and troubleshooting to all office staff for IT matters
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights. Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports. Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Develop, document, and train on hardware installation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Required to work at other sites within the company
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or degree in the field of computer science or 8 years relevant work experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable
- Holds or is working towards Microsoft MCITP certification. Network+, Security+, Server+ certifications.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 7 and higher , Windows 2008 Server and higher.
- Strong knowledge in configuring of network storage devices using ISCSI interface.
- Experience in the management and configurations of Hyper-V or VMware
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including hardware
- RAID, Active Directory, TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge of Symantec Backup Exec and Enterprise Antivirus. Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Able to install, support, and troubleshoot server and PC hardware components and peripherals.
- Understand and configure VLANS throughout the network
- Working knowledge of Office365 platform
- Able to install and support Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and higher
Please email resume to email@example.com