Test Engineer-Santa Clara, Ca-50% Remote-Contract
As a Test Engineer – Contract, you will work closely with the Manufacturing and Design Teams to develop the test processes during the manufacturing of electro-mechanical components and subassemblies of a medical robotics system.
In This Role You Will
- Work closely with the Manufacturing and Design teams to design, develop, document, and qualify test methods, processes, and procedures.
- Design, develop, document, and qualify electro-mechanical manufacturing test fixtures utilizing both custom and off-the shelf hardware and software
- Assist in the development of test algorithms, test scripts, data acquisition and measurement systems with focus on repeatability and reproducibility.
- Automate test processes utilizing in-house developed test software and scripts
- Work independently and contribute to all aspects of test development, coverage, drive execution and test results documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field is required
- A minimum of 4 years experience with a BS or a minimum of 2 years experience with higher education is preferred
- Prior experience with test equipment and test fixture design is required
- Ability to read schematics and perform electrical debug using oscilloscopes, DMMs, multi-meters is required
- Ability to work efficiently and independently within a team. Demonstrate task ownership in multi-functional environment; ability to serve as a domain specialist and own cross-functionally for testing/verification is required.
- Shown problem-solving capability with excellent hands-on ability to build, debug, and modify the system and perform system failure analysis is required
- Produce high quality documentation that is clearly understandable by internal and external personnel is required
- Experience in Medical Device Design Control for IEC 60601, CISPR 22, UL in an FDA environment is preferred.
- Experience with Test Method Validation process highly preferred.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems and experience working with EtherCAT, RS422/RS485, RS232, I2C, SPI, SSI, BiSS, USB and/or etc is highly preferred
- Experience developing electrical board level test and experience with instrumentation automation using scripting languages such as Python, Shell, Batch, Bash or Linux commands is highly preferred.
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management systems such as Agile is highly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10% to contract manufacturers is required
Possible Contract to Hire
Pay Rate-$55-75 depending on experience
Please send resume to email@example.com