Cloud/NOC Technician-C2H-Onsite Role in Littleton, Co
We are currently seeking Cloud & Network Operations Center Technicians to be part of our team in an office based environment in Littleton, CO. These team members will provide 24/7 operational support for our global networks. We are looking for individuals who are technologically proficient, eager to continue learning and able to communicate well with internal teams, external vendors and customers when needed.
- Monitor and Maintain Joyent Cloud Networks
- Monitor and Maintain Joyent Cloud Computer & Storage Systems
- Identify, categorize and respond to Network & Computer system events
- Participate in Incident Management, Problem and Change Management
- Participate in 24/7 shift or shift/rotation schedules, in an office environment
- Provide Level 1/ 2 server support as needed
- 1 – 3 years of system administration and/or networking operations experience desirable, with increasing responsibilities.
- Intellectual curiosity with a desire to learn is a must.
- A self-starter who is willing to learn advanced cloud-computing technologies.
- Ability to work in a 24/7/365 environment, in a office/NOC setting.
- Functional knowledge of incident handling for IT related issues.
- Understanding of IP networking protocols: IPv4/6, TCP/UDP, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, etc.
- Strong analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience with systems UNIX/Linux.
- Experience with basic switch commands.
- Experience performing system and network maintenance tasks in a highly available data center environment.
- Experience with device health monitoring software, e.g.; OpenNMS, Zabbix, Circonus.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to establish documentation for procedural tasks.
- Recent college graduates in applicable fields of study encouraged.
- This position is located in Littleton, Colorado
- Shell scripting and/or additional scripting languages, e.g.; Python, Perl, Ruby, Node.js
- Experience with the following is advantageous: Automation/Scripting, Server and Network
- Virtualization Technologies, Hypervisors and cloud platforms.
Contract to Hire
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org