Manufacturing/Test Technician-Medical Device-Santa Clara, CA
This role is a tremendous opportunity to work on a surgical robotic platform that will require creative and innovative approaches to problem solving while interfacing with Electrical, Mechanical, Quality and Manufacturing engineers all contributing to the project.
Core Job Responsibilities – (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Assemble products in accordance with standard work instructions, MPIs, and prints
- Perform factory test processes from component-level assemblies to the overall robotic system
- Document test results as part of the device history record
- Troubleshoot failures to module or component level assemblies. Clearly document the issues and communicate them to Test and Integration Engineers
- Tests functional performance of completed assemblies using established procedures and test protocols
- Operate and set up test equipment and fixtures
- Facilitate preparation work such as line clearance, cycle counting and verifying equipment maintenance and calibrations dates
- Ensure accuracy of documentation. Initiate basic material requests. Report quality or efficiency issues as needed
- Maintain accuracy of material transactions and cycle count raw material, sub-assemblies and work-in-progress material on the line. Accurately determine and report shortages to the Production Supervisor or Manager
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures
- Assist engineers to build, assemble, test and characterize electronic prototype assemblies, breadboard circuit assemblies, printed circuit assemblies, cable assemblies, subsystems of the robotic platform
- Troubleshoot failures to module or component level, and clearly document/communicate issues to engineers
- Execute other duties as assigned
Required Experiences and Qualifications:
- Required: Familiarity with basic hand tools and common electronic test equipment (multimeter, power supply, oscilloscope, etc)
- Preferred: AA or AS degree or equivalent work experience. 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience or training.
- Preferred: 3 years of minimum experience as a technician for a medical device company or complex electromechanical capital equipment manufacturer.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Familiarity with anti-static/ESD principles and controls.
- Comprehension in reading mechanical drawings and technical writing.
- Ability to understand detailed schematics, system interconnect diagrams, and test procedures.
- Adept at working in group settings or individually with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Has a positive attitude and is flexible to changes in work assignment.
- Trade school, junior college certification in appropriate program or military specialist training (preferred)
- Preferred: ERP experience (SAP or QAD)
- Proficient in inventory tracking and order fulfillment systems.
- Strong understanding of shipping and receiving, inventory management and dispensing of materials in a GMP regulated environment.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise sound independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills such as Outlook, Microsoft Word/Excel are required maintaining accurate records and files.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted during work.
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Pay Rate-$25-34/hr. DOE
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org