System Verification Engineer-Contract-Santa Clara, Ca
The engineer will manage and own projects, as well as support other engineers in test and equipment development activities. The individual should have strong communication skills as they will work closely with engineers from all functional teams; including R&D, Systems, Quality engineering, and external vendors. The engineer will document the test equipment and systems in accordance with FDA design control processes (21 CFR820.30) and IEC 62304.
· Design and develop test protocols, support other engineers in test development.
· Design, prototype, qualify, and document test fixtures, equipment, and systems.
· Develop software test scripts (primarily in Python).
· Work closely with Systems Integration, R&D, and Quality engineering to ensure tests and equipment meets internal customer needs. Communicate plans to technical and non-technical leadership.
· Manage technicians and vendors to support test protocol and equipment goals.
· B.S. in Engineering or other applicable technical degree required
· Breadth of knowledge across engineering fields (electrical, mechanical, software), with domain expertise in at least one area is preferred.
· Ability to prioritize tasks from different engineers/managers, demonstrate good time management skills, and communicate clearly is required.
· Experience developing and executing test method validation and equipment qualification is preferred
· Experience in test equipment design, prototyping, and qualification is preferred.
· Medical device or similar regulated industry (e.g. automotive, aerospace) experience is preferred
· Proficiency in technical writing and good documentation practices is required.
· Robotics or electro-mechanical experience is preferred.
Pay Rate-50-80 DOE
Please send resume to email@example.com