IQC Inspector Role-Medical Device-Contract
The IQC Inspector is responsible for performing incoming, first article and related activities. The candidate will utilize SAP to document Quality transactions as well as assist in compiling and trending quality data.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections of purchased parts and subassemblies according to specifications or standards using standard physical, mechanical and/ or electrical measurements.
- Accurately document the results of the inspections and testing in SAP and on data sheets/forms as applicable.
- Maintain all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Handle materials in accordance to procedures and prevent mix-ups, damage or other adverse effects.
- Communicate inspection results to engineers and others
- Initiate and process Non-Conforming Material Reports when required.
- Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible corrective action to supervise.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Management team.
- Perform Gage R& R studies requested by engineers and others
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum HS diploma and practical experience. AA or AS degree preferred.
- 3+ years Quality Control experience in Receiving Inspection is preferred.
- Previous work experience in a medical device or other related regulated industry is highly desirable.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Document Practices.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of measurement instruments.
- Proficient using microscopes, visons systems (e.g. MicroVu, Smartscope, Optical Comparator) and conventional handheld inspections tools (i.e. calipers, micrometers, gage blocks etc.)
- Experience with CMM systems and electrical measurements a plus.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize activities and communicate well.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Previous experience with SAP preferred
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Please send resume to email@example.com