Manufacturing Technician-6 month Contract to Hire opportunity-Santa Clara, Ca
To help create the future of surgery, we are building a best-in-class team and are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Technician. This role is a tremendous opportunity to work on a surgical robotic platform that will require creative and innovative approaches to problem solving while interfacing with Electrical, Mechanical, Quality and Manufacturing engineers all contributing to the project. Individuals will be engaged in the design and documentation of test fixtures, cabling and electrical and electro-mechanical subassemblies. This role will appeal to individuals who are hands-on; as they will build, assemble, test and characterize electronic prototype assemblies, breadboard circuit assemblies, printed circuit assemblies, cable assemblies, and various subsystems of the robotic platform.
Core Job Responsibilities – (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Assemble products in accordance with standard work instructions, MPIs, and prints
- Tests functional performance of completed assemblies using established procedures and test protocols
- Operate, maintain, and set up production equipment and fixtures
- Facilitate preparation work such as line clearance, cycle counting and verifying equipment maintenance and calibrations dates.
- Perform inspections, repairs or reworks of their own and/or other’s work
- Ensure accuracy of documentation. Initiate basic material requests. Report quality or efficiency issues as needed
- Maintain accuracy of material transactions and cycle count raw material, sub-assemblies and work-in-progress material on the line. Accurately determine and report shortages to the Production Supervisor
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures
- Assist engineers to build, assemble, test and characterize electronic prototype assemblies, breadboard circuit assemblies, printed circuit assemblies, cable assemblies, subsystems of the robotic platform
- Troubleshoot failures to module or component level, and clearly document/communicate issues to engineers
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
Required Experiences and Qualifications:
- Preferred: AA or AS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience or training.
- 3 years of minimum experience as a technician for a medical device company or complex electromechanical capital equipment manufacturer.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Familiarity with anti-static/ESD principles and controls.
- Comprehension in reading mechanical drawings and technical writing.
- Ability to understand detailed schematics, system interconnect diagrams, and test procedures.
- Adept at working in group settings or individually with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Has a positive attitude and is flexible to changes in work assignment.
- Trade school, junior college certification in appropriate program or military specialist training (preferred)
- Preferred: ERP experience (SAP or QAD)
- Proficient in inventory tracking and order fulfillment systems.
- Strong understanding of shipping and receiving, inventory management and dispensing of materials in a GMP regulated environment.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise sound independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills such as Outlook, Microsoft Word/Excel are required maintaining accurate records and files.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted during work.
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Please send resume to email@example.com