Data Center Engineer-Sunnyvale, Ca-Contract
· Maintain and repair CPU and GPU based compute clusters and storage
· Run cabling and fiber within the datacenters
· Independently troubleshoot and repair complex hardware issues
· Deploy, integrate rack new equipment.
· Contribute to documentation
· Handle Vendor RMAs
· Working with our vendors for installation and maintenance activites
· Participate in procurement and logistic activities
· Meaningful experience in installing and maintaining enterprise compute hardware
· Skilled with running fiber and cabling in a datacenter environment
· Skilled with troubleshooting and repair of Intel-based server hardware.
· Competency to work independently with minimal supervision to maintain and repair servers in enterprise datacenter environments.
· Familiarity with ticket management processes.
· Familiarity with DCIM tools such as Device42.
· Can lift 50 lbs to waist height, 25 lbs to shoulder height.
· Ability to follow and contribute to production checklists.
· Understanding and respect for the importance of “production” environments.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Ability and willingness to use personal vehicle to travel to datacenters in Sunnyvale, CA and Menlo Park, CA.
· Understanding of power and coolings systems requirements in datacenter environments.
· Exposure to SuperMicro servers
· Exposure to Arista and/or Mellanox network equipment
· Exposure to GPU computing platforms
· Basic understanding of RAID, IPv4, and IPMI/OOB
· Basic Linux system administration skills.
Please send resume to email@example.com