Contract-Back-End Data Engineer-Remote Pacific Time Zone
- Build infrastructure, tools and techniques to reduce the operational burden
- Identify operational patterns and automate them
- Build infrastructure and tools to seamlessly integrate with rest of infrastructure for major data migrations
- Automate and enhance self-serve features to DataPlatform products to increase developer productivity of the team and have them focus on building new high leverage features
- This role will help the team in handling day-to-day user support (for normal PST business hours) and participate in automating (implement features to make these user supports easy) frequently needed operations.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in building and operating scalable infrastructure and distributed systems.
- You are passionate about making platform experience better for users. You are prompt and efficient in handling user requests and identify ways to improve the operability of the platform.
- You are an experienced Java developer.
- You have knowledge of Java, Python, OOP patterns, multi-threading, REST/RPC/GRPC frameworks.
- You have experience with DI frameworks, preferably SpringBoot and Guice.
- You have experience working with containers.
- You have experience building, managing distributed datastores like Apache Cassandra, or Memcached or Elasticsearch or Kafka
- Experience working on AWS ecosystem such as EC2, S3, and SQS
Pay Rate-Up to 180/hr.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org