Lean Manufacturing Engineer-Contract- Union City, Ca
MAIN JOB DUTIES:
- Designs, improves, maintains and implements processes (equipment, machines, fixtures, etc.) to meet operational needs through monitoring, feedback from manufacturing leaders, supervisors, maintenance activities, operators and personal observation. Establishes and maintain effective preventive maintenance schedules for all processes.
- Develops manufacturing process plans which meet all manufacturing requirements for safety, ergonomics, process capability, quality and cost. Presents process concept proposals and implements approved processes on schedule and within budget. Promotes lean manufacturing, participates/leads process improvement initiatives, identifies improvement opportunities for safety, cost, ergonomics, quality and process capability improvements.
- Monitors and assures assigned processes are and continue to be compliant with all safety, environmental and regulatory requirements. Audit both administrative and engineering controls. Communicates findings, takes corrective action and designs/implements engineered solutions when appropriate to maintain effective compliance.
- Monitors quality of production and assures assigned processes are capable of producing at or above required quality levels. Perform root cause analyses, takes corrective action and designs/implements engineered solutions when appropriate to maintain effective compliance.
- Develops and documents manufacturing methods. Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products so as to promote efficient utilization. Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency. Assure all documentation is archived and maintained in accordance with standard practice. Trains maintenance and operating associates on new and revised process procedures. Assures production rates are achievable and routinely repeatable by capable operators.
- Resolves emergent engineering related production barriers. Provide technical assistance to maintenance and operations as necessary to meet the needs of the business. Does what is required to safely get processes back on line at the minimum loss to the business.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience in manufacturing engineering capacity.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Safety, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Skills sets. Communication, verbal send/receive and written.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish a diversified work load.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team based environment. Promotes an environment that is encourages cohesiveness and fosters trust and open communication with team, peers and all business partners.Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions. Must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
- Must possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines and control a number of projects at various stages of work.
Pay Rate- DOE
Please send resume to email@example.com