Buyer-C2H-Californina or Texas Location-Remote
Who We’re Looking For
As Buyer, you will be responsible for reviewing purchase requisitions, placing purchase orders, communicating with vendors, and tracking shipments. You’ll join our company at a critical stage in our growth and will be responsible for supporting critical logistics to our engineering, grow, procurement, and operations teams.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, supply chain, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain or administration
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and procurement software.
- Good management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure responsible procurement practices meet company objectives and compliance requirements
- Review and monitor purchase requisitions
- Place, expedite, and record Purchase Orders (POs) to achieve on-time delivery
- Create and maintain a strong professional relationship with vendors
- Resolves discrepancies related to purchasing, delivery, receiving, invoices, and payment to the supplier
- Manage and modify orders, daily deliveries, backorders, overdue deliveries, and POs
- Coordinate returns with requesters and vendors
- Identify cost savings and process improvements
- Manage and maintain employee and vendor databases on the procurement system
- Sets up and performs training sessions to ensure understanding of procurement processes and system
- Maintain a reconciliation process between accounts payable and procurement
- Support team with vendor onboarding, receiving, and delivering as needed
- Other projects and tasks may be assigned based on business needs
- Interest in the farming, food, and robotics industries and love the fun of the startup environment and its culture
- Experience in food processing, food production, and/or greenhouse production
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work threads to maximize the impact
Please send resume to email@example.com