Systems Administrator- Contract- Santa Rosa, Ca
- Analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves network performance, integrity, security, availability, and other network issues and problems; coordinates the resolution of vendor problems.
- Analyzes, reviews, recommends, and optimizes technologies to enhance network performance; evaluates and recommends network software, hardware, and inter-connectivity products.
- Performs day-to-day LAN and server administration; creates or maintains network users, groups, rights, login scripts; network printer configurations; creates, modifies, and deletes user accounts, groups, resources, membership rights and security access for e-mail.
- May plan, design, install, optimize, upgrade, and maintain systems and software; configures vendor software to meet requirements; monitors performance of hardware and operating system software and make recommendations to correct problems or improve performance; establish and monitor procedures for data security and access to computer systems; designs and maintains backup and recovery procedures.
- Evaluate software and hardware, writes recommendation for management review; prepares documentation, procedures, reports, specifications, program descriptions, operating instructions, training materials, and user manuals.
- Plans, designs, configures, upgrades, administers, and maintains the enterprise system, including LANS and WANS, Internet, e-mail and all aspects of hardware, software, operating systems, and inter-connectivity.
- Identifies, designs, recommends, and implements standards, conventions, and policies for network systems.
- Consults with current and proposed systems users on the design and feasibility of proposed systems and modifications; analyzes client needs; identifies alternatives; estimates cost and timing of systems modifications, purchase, and installation; designs and participates in the development, modification, enhancement, testing, and implementation of computer systems; develops, coordinates, and provides documentation, end user and staff training and orientation
- Provide helpdesk escalation
Any combination of education, training and or/experience which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Thorough knowledge of:
- Cisco routing and switching
- Windows 2008/2012 Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- VMware virtualization (Server and desktop)
- Nimble iSCSI SANs
- Veeam Backup and Recovery
- ShoreTel VoIP phone system
- Desktop and server system deployment tools
- Principles, practices, and techniques, of technical problem resolution
Pay Rate-Up to 40/hr.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org