Cloud Data Engineer- Contract- Jersey City, NJ or Remote
We are looking for a Cloud Data Engineer, who will be responsible to plan, design, develop and maintain the data architecture, data models, data pipelines and standards for various Data Integration & Data warehouse projects in cloud data warehouse. Ensure new features and subject areas are modelled to integrate with existing structures and provide a consistent view. Develop and maintain documentation of the data architecture, data flow and data models of the data warehouse appropriate for various audiences. Provide direction on adoption of Cloud technologies (Redshift, Postgres, Snowflake,) and industry best practices in the field of data warehouse architecture and modelling. Providing technical leadership to large enterprise scale projects.
This role requires a broad range of skills and the ability to step into different roles depending on the size and scope of the project.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical data engineering projects and create high-level design and architecture of the solution.
- Able to present the solution architecture strategy and define value proposition to key stake holders.
- Able to communicate the capabilities and improvements offered by solution architecture with both the development teams and business user teams.
- Develop POC’s and conduct show and tell sessions.
- Mentor development teams from traditional Data architecture path to advanced cloud warehouse technology platforms with CICD framework.
- Design the Data replication systems and integration systems by evaluating various products and deciding on the better technology that meets the corporate objectives.
- Perform Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Management, and Data lineage.
- Design data security framework considering both internal and external sharing aspects.
- Build and Automate data pipelines using an AWS Glue.
- Query and Automate the data with AWS Athena using Python.
- Design Data pipes and automate data ingestion and cleansing, transformation activities using the DevOps methodologies.
- Design, build & deploy the AWS technologies such as EMR, EMR studio, AWS SageMaker to support the Business needs
- Required Skills:-
- Must have total 8+ yrs. of experience in IT and working as a Data Architect and 7+ years in Data warehouse, ETL, BI Projects.
- Must have experience at least 4 End to End implementation of cloud data warehouse (Redshift, Postgres, or Snowflake).
- Design and Develop ETL Processes in AWS Glue to migrate data from external sources like S3, ORC/Parquet/Text Files into AWS Redshift.
- Hands-on experience with Postgres SQL, RedShift, Redshift spectrum, AWS Glue, Athena, Snowflake utilities, Snow SQL, Snow Pipe, AWS Lambda model techniques using Python.
- Experience in Data Migration from RDBMS to Redshift/Snowflake cloud data warehouse.
- Expertise in data modelling, ELT using Snowflake SQL, implementing complex stored Procedures and standard DWH and ETL/ELT concepts.
- Expertise in advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, Role-based access controls (RBAC), virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning, zero copy clone, time travel and understand how to use these features.
- Expertise in deploying features such as data sharing, events, and lake-house patterns.
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, Methods, and approaches (Star and Snowflake, Dimensional Modelling).
- Experience with data security and data access controls and design.
- Experience with AWS or Azure data storage and management technologies such as S3 and ADLS.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Proficiency in RDBMS, complex SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, performance tuning and troubleshoot.
- Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated data pipeline related problems, proactively and as issues surface.
- Must have expertise in AWS and Azure Platform as a Service (PAAS).
- Should be able to troubleshoot problems across infrastructure, platform, and application domains.
- Must have experience of Agile development methodologies.
- Strong written communication skills. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
Pay Rate- DOE
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org