Senior Android Engineer- Foster City, CA- Contract to Hire (Onsite, but remote until early next year)
Looking for an experienced Android specialist to lead the production and rollout of a custom
application on a custom Android AOSP device. This role has a number of responsibilities and atypical development and production needs making it a unique and fun opportunity. Eventually we will also kick start from scratch our Android app development and this role will allow us to actively participate in it as well.
- Manage and own the design and implementation of our user-facing applications on embedded Android consoles running on a customized version of AOSP.
- You will be expected to set and implement current best practices in mobile development and collaborate with our talented design, product and engineering teams on identifying and solve how our users can access our services in the most efficient and intuitive manner.
- BS / MS in Computer Science or similar degree with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong background in mobile development on Android
- Deep understanding of Android UI and “backend” mobile development
- Demonstrated experience building high-quality mobile apps from scratch all the way to production and ongoing maintenance.
- Proven intuition about usability and experience gathering/using data to back up implementation decisions. This would include AB testing or similar methods.
- Dynamic, driven and hands-on developer, yet capable to multitask across functions
- Experience creating UI tests run via device-testing services
- Experience with custom/specialized Android devices, AOSP or other embedded Linux
- Android UI/animation optimization, especially in 2D
- Proven team leadership in mobile development
- High significance contribution to a popular, heavily downloaded app
- iOS development experience a plus, possible room to grow into a Mobile Development managerial role
- Strong background as a CS generalist
- Experience interfacing with external components defined and maintained by other entities
- Demonstrable experience with mobile testing frameworks
Please send resume to email@example.com