VDI System Engineer-Contract-Hybrid-Foster City, Ca
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) System Engineer
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for administering VMware and MS Active Directory based VDI environments. Our VDIs are NVIDIA vGPU-powered, so expertise in desktop virtualization with NVIDIA GRID is mandatory. Experience managing a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environment and/or preparing master Operating System images for deployment is expected. This position will work closely with the Infrastructure Engineer, AD and MDM Administrators and IT Client Services team to implement and manage various internally hosted Virtual Machines and related resources. Candidate will collaborate and liaise with other teams within the organization as well as the VDI team members to identify, track and report on opportunities for system optimization, methods to drive efficiency, identify and reduce error rates, and empirically document customer experience.
The successful candidate will:]
- Demonstrate a strong background in managing VMware solutions
- Work with engineering users and application support to validate application functionality in the VDI environment
- Maintain high service availability by liaising with many stakeholders to identify risk and threats to the delivery of VDI services
- Rapidly identify and correct faults impacting service delivery
- Updates/remediates patching of ESXi host devices
- Collaborates with other Systems Administrators with troubleshooting and resolving issues that negatively affect the customer’s virtual computing environment.
- Compiles the VDI Operating System image (Windows and Ubuntu) for testing and deployment to the user production environment.
- Maintains fully patched/updated/mitigated Operating System image for testing and production, and provides assistance to customers with operations of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) systems.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Two (2) years of experience leading the design and implementation of VMware based solutions.
- Significant experience managing virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Skilled with PowerShell and Bash scripting.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations based on national and local trends and to design processes that enhance services while maximizing college resources.
Would be Nice to Have:
- Automation using PowerShell, PowerCLI, and/or Bash scripts
- Documentation experience using G-Suite apps or similar products
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Experience in the evaluation and integration of new technologies into existing environments focus on design, implementation…
Please send resume to email@example.com