Sr. Technical Design Manager-Foster City, Ca- Contract
As a Senior Technical Design Manager on the Places and Build team, you will be responsible for gathering programmatic information, analysis/reporting, schematic design/space planning and BIM asset management responsibilities for manufacturing, R&D and workplace portfolio. This role is pivotal to master planning and project specific-delivery for internal clients.
The role will be based in Foster City, CA on the Places and Build team, with the requirement to visit sites as necessary to collect information and facilitate work. This is a highly technical focused position, with the additional requirement to provide thoughtful and creative design solutions.
Facilities include those in Foster City, Fremont, San Francisco, and additional properties within the real estate portfolio.
Job duties will include:
- Meeting with cross-functional stakeholders and leadership to review existing conditions, workflow and future needs.
- Conduct programming sessions with group staff and leaders to drill-down on detailed space and equipment requirements, including timing and priorities.
- Research and understand infrastructure (MEP/S) specifics and workflow requirements for existing and proposed equipment to support R&D and manufacturing functions.
- Synthesize information into supporting detailed programming summaries and equipment lists (EQLs) detailing MEP/S requirements for coordination with external partners.
- Develop initial study and final detailed space plans for leadership and stakeholder review, and external partner coordination.
- Provide technical leadership in executing design solutions for both technical and non-technical space typologies.
- Collaborate on and manage updates to real estate master planning documentation.
- Facilitate information with external partners (e.g. architects, engineers, integrators, BIM vendors, other third parties)
- Provide detailed reports and supporting graphics to internal Places and Build leadership.
- Lead BIM and record drawing management for the portfolio of real estate assets.
- Review internal and third-party architecture and engineering design drawings, providing thorough feedback in areas such as feasibility, coordination, cost control and overall owner-representation.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design, industrial engineering, industrial operations or related field.
- Licensed architect or PE desired, but not required.
- 5-8+ years of experience in a similar role with associated responsibilities.
- Expert proficiency in Revit, with ability to work in AutoCAD, to develop internal schematic design/space plan documentation.
- High proficiency in Excel, particularly development and coordination of equipment lists and associated MEP specific requirements, using our developed templates.
- High proficiency in BlueBeam.
- Deep experience in technical project (R&D, manufacturing or related) programming, space planning and project execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, including understanding SME common language between product R&D/manufacturing engineering and infrastructure/construction requirements.
- Strong knowledge of building codes.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and communications.
- Strong organizational, project management and quality management skills.
- Works well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to contribute individually to broader team goals and company mission.
- BIM Manager experience desired, but not required.
- Automotive R&D and manufacturing industry experience desired, but not required.
- Automotive service/fleet facility design experience desired, but not required.
- EV charging facility/site design experience desired, but not required.
Please send resume to email@example.com