Systems Administrator-Contract-Pleasanton, Ca
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Responsible for reviewing current system designs and provide recommendations to improve performance, reliability and sustainability.
- Responsible for virtualized server cluster health and administration, including provisioning new server systems using industry best practices
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintains and updates all company hardware devices.
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintains and updates all company software applications.
- Maintains network equipment such as routers, firewalls, core and access switches and cabling.
- Manages and maintains storage area networks (SAN) and devices on the fiber network.
- Responsible for keeping hardware systems current, including system firmware or critical updates
- Works with cloud-based systems and applications, including Office 365 Apps, Exchange, and MDM
- Provides escalated Help Desk assistance to employees regarding issues requiring research and problem solving.
- Performs general system account creations, modifications and deletions.
- Performs telephone system maintenance and modifications.
- Responsible for leading Information Technology projects from conception to completion
- Facilitates with other department projects providing IT perspectives.
- Responsible for providing back-up and restoration to all systems and files.
- Assists with design and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Anticipate technology changes and assist Information Technology manager forecast upcoming budgetary requirements
- 5 -10 years related experience required in a progressively responsible role in hardware and software implementation and maintenance.
- Experience in Microsoft server products, including the following:
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, SQL Server
- Office 365 Apps, Hosted Exchange
- Experience in Linux Server distributions; Red Hat Enterprise Linux preferred
- WMware experience required
- ESXi, vCenter, NSX, Horizon
- Experience in networking equipment, including the following:
- Cisco Nexus, Aruba, Palo Alto and Extreme Networks
- Knowledge of server hardware, storage, switch (network and storage) technologies
- Experience in benchmarking and performance tuning hardware and software platforms
- Knowledge of Taft-Hartley 3rd party software basys preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations preferred
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- High language and reasoning skills
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Valid Drivers’ License
Pay Rate: $45-50/hr.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org