Parts Specialist-Contract-Foster City, CA
Looking for a Parts Specialist to lead the service parts related activities in the Base Operations Organization. In this role, you will work with the logistics team for service parts demand planning for all the our vehicle programs. You will work on reviewing and maintaining the parts inventory levels at various repair locations with the help of the logistics team. You will work on service parts review activities related to Service Bill Of Materials. Support a cross-functional project focused on development of service parts catalog. Develop interim solutions for the Base operation technicians for parts look up. Review and reorganization of the existing service parts in the PLM system as needed. You will collaborate with the service engineers for technical information needed to succeed in this role. As needed, lead cross functional discussions with Base Operations engineering, Logistics, and Supply Chain leadership. You will work on ensuring all the parts needed to service the vehicles are available in the PLM system. Lead discussions with Logistics for developing service kits and develop a long term strategy.
- Establish relationships with the Base Operations engineering and technician team, Logistics team and Supply chain leadership
- Collaborate with engineering and logistics to plan for service spare requirements by location
- Support Base operation technicians by providing service parts look up support as needed to streamline repairs
- Work engineering and logistics for spare parts planning by milestone
- Work with Logistics to plan for service spares for release of every new vehicle
- Support logistics with queries related to service spares
- Collaborate with the Logistics and the PLM team for planning and release of service kits
- Review PLM for existing service parts accuracy and work on reorganization as needed
- Identify and work on process improvement opportunities to make the service parts related operations efficient and smooth
- Support long term service parts related projects like service catalog development, BOM release planning, etc.
- Demonstrated successful experience in collaborating with engineering and other cross-functional teams to develop strategies and perform execution.
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings.
- Proficiency working in PLM systems and CATIA.
- Understanding of Bill Of Materials structure, experience with an Automotive OEM, Tier 1 supplier preferred
- Ability to grasp new technology and software systems with minimal training and supervision
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, including proven written and verbal communication skills
- Education – Bachelors degree in business management or similar, Master’s degree is a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working with service parts in an engineering or in a supply chain set up.
- Ability to work autonomously to manage projects
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org