Diagnostics Engineer-Contract-Foster City, Ca
Looking for an Diagnostics Engineer to drive the Design for Serviceability (DFS). In this role, you will ensure the service readiness for the diagnosis of our products. You will perform evaluations of component/system/vehicle level diagnostic and controller programming functions and tools to ensure ease of use/understanding by the Base Operations technician teams. You will present comprehensive reports, findings, and opportunities to reduce cost, time, and motion. You will collaborate with Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial Design, and Prototyping to advocate for core initiatives that support the Maintenance and Repair optimization of our products. You will spend time with the field technicians evaluating the products and identify changes that will improve the overall serviceability and maintainability of our products. Through feedback from the field team, you will identify, design, and provide the diagnostic/programming strategy and tools required to maintain and repair our products.
- Establish relationships with Manufacturing, Validation, Product Development teams, to drive diagnostics requirements for every electronic control module and I/O.
- Evaluate electronic controls for part design interchangeability, HW/FW/SW compatibility, and bring-up requirements after replacement, in support of spare part and data file release strategy.
- Collaboratively design, develop, and validate the on-board and off-board diagnostic test tools for reporting diagnostic codes/messages/alerts, associated I/O data parameters, and control functions for insourced and outsourced controllers.
- Develop standardized technical requirements for controller programming tools and process flow.
- Work closely with the Service Documentation team to develop diagnostic, programming, and repair procedures.
- Support wiring system serviceability (bundle routing, connectors, terminals, retention clips, etc) and schematic development for ease of troubleshooting and repair.
- Work closely with engineering teams to integrate components and electromechanical systems.
- Participate in requirements definition as it pertains to service, availability of the product, and reliability and report significant deviations for resolution
- Provide comprehensive cost/time modeling that showcases opportunities to drive product change that supports the reduction of cost or complexity of the repair.
- Demonstrated successful diagnostics experience on electromechanical systems within a product design, manufacturing, or service environment.
- Practical diagnostic experience technical /field experience
- Ability to comprehend schematics, electrical diagrams, connector end views/pinout
- Familiarity with service information diagnostics and/or authoring
- Proficiency with automotive diagnostic tools and/or equipment design experience
- Familiarity with vehicle communication networking protocols and tools
- Experience designing and developing products through the lifecycle and product and process validation
- Detail-oriented, including proven written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or Automotive Technology
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in diagnostics role
- Ability to work autonomously to manage projects
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org