The QA Analyst is a test expert that applies black box testing techniques to define a testing approach that will help prevent and/or identify, isolate and report issues as early as possible. This requires an analytical approach that seeks to understand system designs, defining and executing an effective test strategy that both ensure functionality and challenges the system. As a QA Analyst, you look at a game as not only a player experience but as complex interactions between Software & Hardware (ex: I/O systems, wireless communications, client/server architecture, external services, and databases).
• Identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently. Focus on high complexity, hard to isolate and potentially high impact bugs.
• Working embedded with development teams to ensure quality of code deliverables within the Agile Development process
• Develops in-depth understanding of systems/area under their ownership and communicate progress, status and risks. Requires a deep understanding of system architecture and implementation.
• Develop, maintain and execute a test strategy, checklists, and tests for their areas of ownership • Driving a test early methodology within the Development team
• Provide Development Support as needed Private Build Testing, System and Risk Analysis, Investigation and Isolation and Regressions
• Create, maintain and verify TFCs (Tests for Completion) for their ownerships
• Develop strong partnerships with Development Teams and QA Partners
• Develop expertise with in-house and 3rd party test tools (i.e. code coverage & load testing tools)
• Develop automated test scripts to improve testing effectiveness and efficiency for their areas of ownership
• Help improve Test and Development Processes (ex: championing a workgroup or test tool)
• Helps coach and mentor team members
• Autonomous Deliverables
• Quality Bugs Well isolated, clear and concise bugs
• Test Strategies/Plans and Checklists for areas of ownership that ensure high level of software quality through prevention and early detection
• Status Reporting for their areas of ownership (Risk Analysis, RCA/CAPA, Defect Density, Performance)
• Experience with Test Automation and Test Tools
• Strong understanding of Software Development Tools
• Understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
• Fundamental Programming Knowledge (Asset)
• Knowledge of Agile (Scrum, XP etc) Development Processes (Asset)
• Passion for Games (Preferably mobile/social) (Asset)
• Experience with Mobile Games or Products (Asset)
Please send resume to email@example.com
- Hands on mobile testing with iOS and Android
- Looking for more experience in game app testing
- Automation is a plus but not required.
- Know why and how things are tested
- General PC Game compatibility testing experience.
- Deep knowledge of computer parts and peripherals
- Knowledge of how software/drivers interact with games and operating systems.
- Mix of IT and game testing experience.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Software Testing Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Understanding and/or proficiency with functional, non-functional and automated test
- Experience in using various QA practices, methodologies, and bug prevention strategies
- Experience with build systems, continuous integration and how to integrate testing into such an environment.
- Adept ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands
- Ability to recognize critical issues or testing deficiencies and raise concerns
- Familiarity with data analysis, data interpretation and applicable tools
- Software Development Life Cycle Familiarity such as Agile/Waterfall
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with development partners, customers, support teams, and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Education: BA / BS in related field or equivalent experience
Pay Rate-$20-25/hr. -DOE
Please email resume to email@example.com