The Contract Senior Systems Engineer works as part of a team responsible for the design of the system architecture, server infrastructure management, and advanced technical support. He/She also provides technical leadership required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely IT solutions and services that meet our business needs.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. As well as demonstrated skills tied to leadership, people, communication, analytics and adaptability.
● Provides effective solutions to the most difficult operations engineering problems
● Long term thinking with respect to major design and technology choices
● Operate with complex reporting relationships to reconcile competing priorities and achieve business unit objectives
● Communicates at an expert level via documentation and verbally with both peers and partners
● Collaborates with architects across functions to help set architectural direction for delivering highly reliable, scalable, and operable solutions
● Partners with development teams, DBAs and QA in a DevOps model of agile development process
● Demonstrates entrepreneurial perspective in the ideation and implementation of products and services to accelerate growth
● Transforms business ideas into implementable technology solutions, considering build, buy and partnering alternatives
● Make decisions which may have a broad impact and influence the organizational direction
● Rapidly adapt to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions
● Drives continuous improvement through change management procedures – designing, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies
● Periodic rotational 24 hours on call support
● Experience designing highly available solutions at scale with security and performance
● Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Preferred: Chef and/or Puppet)
● Experience with public cloud services and deployment (Preferred: AWS, GCP, or Azure experience)
● Strong development experience in programming/scripting languages (Preferred: Go, Python, and/or Ruby)
● Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and experience with source code management tools
● Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
● Strong hands-on experience in building and maintaining infrastructure for micro services
● Experience with Continuous Integration, continuous delivery/deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar
● Strong knowledge of UNIX
● Experience integrating Open Source tools and software
● Experience with TCP/IP, routing, VLANS, AWS Direct Connect, VPN and other networking concepts
● Experience with VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, or Rocket is a definite plus
● Experience with monitoring tools like NewRelic, Zabbix, Nagios or similar
● Excellent DNS, LDAP, syslog and network service experience
● Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in highly complex systems and drive performance optimizations
● Working knowledge of enterprise storage technologies and protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Software Defined Storage, Object Storage
● OBSESSIVE desire to automate and improve everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
Pay up to $66/hr.
Please email resume to email@example.com