We’re looking for Technical Writer-Contract to join the User Assistance group. This is a 6 mo contract
This position is part of a team responsible for developing documentation for our Fiery product line and associated products. As a member of this team you will:
- Plan, organize, develop, and maintain customer-facing documentation for hardware and software applications.
- Verify content accuracy through hands-on testing.
- Participate in product design and status meetings as a member of agile development teams.
- Take an active role in the definition and evolution of departmental practices and procedures.
- Participate in corporate initiatives.
- A degree in a related field such as English, Technical Communications, or Computer Science.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience as a technical writer developing software and/or hardware documentation.
Research, writing, and teamwork skills
- Excellent research, analysis, and writing skills.
- Proven ability to write conceptual, task-oriented, and reference information.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely using industry-accepted grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
- Ability to work in a collaborative group setting.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, including remote team members. Experience with Agile/Scrum teams a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
Technology and tools
- Experience writing both hardware and software documentation a plus.
- Excellent command of FrameMaker.
- Knowledge of WebWorks, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop desired.
- Familiarity with XML authoring tools and topic-based information development/DITA concepts a plus.
- Familiarity with print and color technologies a definite plus.