As Senior Web Designer, you will represent the user experience within our agile teams helping realize the design of responsive web applications across both patient and healthcare professional audiences. You will work directly with key stakeholders, partners and customers to help research and elaborate new concepts and designs for key features and experiences, proposing solutions that meet technical, business and user needs.
You will convey (and spec) the design to cross-functional teams including other designers, product managers, product marketing, and engineers. You will provide overall thought leadership in user experience and interaction design.
Essential Job Functions:
- Applying user-centered design processes to define user needs, develop user flows, wireframes and visual designs for web applications, including clickable prototypes as needed.
- Design within the context of responsive/adaptive web apps that build on a design system of reusable components.
- Create detailed designs and specs that document and help articulate the desired user experience, working within agile teams to support implementation efforts from concept to delivery.
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts as well as logical flows and interactions.
- Work with Web Developers, Engineers, and QA to deliver the final product while making sure that it meets UI specifications.
The candidate should be:
- Experienced and enthusiastic about working within a domain of web apps that are task focused.
- A motivated and independent self-starter capable of leading and working with cross-functional teams to identify problems then drive design.
- Possess strong analytical skills to synthesize research findings and translate them into actionable user experiences.
- A craftsman that continually looks to drive nuance and detail into your work, as well as keeping up to date with all aspects of your design craft.
- Skilled at managing input from multiple stakeholders.
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for being involved with the design of novel digital products and systems, with an appreciation for their social and technological effects.
- Minimum of 5+ year’s designing experiences and executing web app and/or mobile app design
- Knowledge of web and mobile user interface designs principles and best practice and standards
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design techniques and technologies
- Proficient working with modern design tools including Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision amongst others.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly creative and strong concept/idea generation
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
Please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org