The world of infrastructure and operations is changing at a rapid pace, e.g. cloud computing, hybrid cloud, software define networks (SDN), virtualization services, etc. and we are moving to meet and leverage these new changes to our full advantage. Our environment is highly distributed and dynamic. It services millions of players every day, worldwide.
A Contract Software Engineer for our Technical Operations team will need the agility to operate in this ever-changing ecosystem. This position will be responsible for driving and implementing long term design and technology choices that will be the cornerstone of tools and services that will make up the future of operations and automation processes. These tools and services will underpin modern video game services such as matchmaking, marketplace, and social features to anti-cheat detection, leader boards, and server-side physics calculations.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. As well as demonstrated skills tied to leadership, people, communication, analytics and adaptability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience.
- Experience with event driven architecture using Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with serverless computing (Serverless Framework).
- Experience with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Experience with implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient with a back-end programming language (Python, Golang, NodeJS).
- Experience building REST APIs and services, knowledge of technologies such as Swagger and gRPC.
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket etc.
- Experience with data modelling and SQL, specifically MySQL.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum project environment.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with event pipelines (Kafka/Kinesis)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with non-relational databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Experience integrating ticketing and alerting systems (Service Now, Jira, Datdog, PagerDuty, etc.)
Duration: up to 1 year
Please email resume to email@example.com