In this role, you will work collaboratively with researchers to understand user needs and behavior and then design solutions. You will also work closely with engineers and product managers to arrive at the best implementation and then support developers closely throughout the implementation process.
Day to day you will…
- Work with product managers, researchers, and engineers to understand developer needs and use their feedback to design intuitive, user-friendly experiences that meet their needs.
- Balance user needs with business objectives to ensure both sides are represented in design decision resulting in the best possible outcome for both.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to create intuitive user experiences.
- Design low-fi concepts to get stakeholder alignment and solicit user feedback. Polish hi-fi prototypes to solidify user experience and communicate design intentions with developers.
- Collaborate with user research to test designs, analyze feedback and iterate.
- Design interfaces beginning at all stages includes; concept, wireframe, prototyping, and final execution.
Your professional profile…
- You have a degree, or equivalent experience, in design and/or human-computer interaction.
- Minimum 5 years experience in UI, interaction and/or visual design.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies, responsive web design principles, and mobile design.
- Proficiency with design tools such as Sketch, Adobe creative suite, InVision.
- Effective at communication using a range of UX artifacts such as personas, IA, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and related documents.
- Demonstrate an ability to think strategically and work with various forms of input from critique, user testing and market feedback.
- You are flexible and efficient – comfortable with ambiguity and exercising a balance between inspiration, bias, and rigorous research in order to move quickly from planning to conducting a project, synthesizing insights, and informing opportunities.
- Knowledge of user research methodologies and when to apply them.
- Provide an online portfolio that exhibits detailed design thinking and problem-solving in regards to the overall user experience.
- Understanding of accessibility standards.
- Experience designing interactions for voice systems, augmented and/or virtual reality.
- Experience in an open source environment.
- Experience working on a remote and distributed team.
If interested please email resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org